Low-Fat Pigs In Blankets Recipe
Pigs in blankets are the ultimate Christmas comfort food.
Switch up your regular, high fat pork sausages with these turkey sausages and turkey bacon rashers and you’re in for a healthy, high protein treat!
Making simple, healthy changes to your festive dinner will all amount to a healthier Christmas, without a lot of extra effort.
You can customise this recipe to suit with different flavours – we’ve used wholegrain mustard and a drizzle of honey, but you could add some sliced apple or even wrap up your sausages with our Quinoa and Mushroom Stuffing in the middle.
The main healthier switch here is from pork to turkey – turkey is a great source of iron and zinc, as well as vitamin B6, which is great for your energy levels. It is lower in fat than pork and very high in protein. Turkey is also a source of selenium and tryptophan (an amino acid) which is key to producing serotonin.
Serotonin is said to help maintain your mood and keep you happy!
(Per pig in blanket)
Calories: 122 Carbs: 6.9g Fat: 3.3g Protein: 16.1g
- 8 Gluten-free turkey sausages
- 8 Rashers of turkey bacon
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ½ tsp rosemary
- In a baking tray, lay out your sausages.
- Mix together the mustard, honey and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Baste the sausages with the marinade.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the sausage.
- Baste again and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes until the sausages are cooked through.
Liked This? Add these to the mix:
- Bodybuilding 143
- Training 143
- Diet 90
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 61
- Losing Fat 61
- Food & Nutrition 154
- Health & Lifestyle 204
- News & Research 7
- News 7
- Personal Trainer 25
- Real Results 183
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 66