Easy Chocolate Protein Banana Bread Bites
Banana, chocolate and peanut butter - a match made in heaven.
These simple banana bread protein bites are a delicious occasional treat when you fancy something sweet but don't want to cheat on your diet. You can whip up a batch of these bites in no time at all, and they will keep in the fridge for three days. The egg whites in this recipe make the mixture light and fluffy, as well as boosting the protein content.
The addition of a protein powder helps to do this too, but we wouldn't recommend using whey protein as it can give the bites a chewier texture that's less appealing!
Makes 12 brownies
Subscribe to Jenny's EatUP newsletter to get more delicious and diet-friendly recipes straight to your inbox.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 80g natural, smooth peanut butter, melted
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein (casein or rice protein work best)
- 3 egg whites
- 25g unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl until smooth, and add the peanut butter.
- Add the protein powder and cocoa powder and combine together.
- Beat the egg whites until light and fluffy and fold into the mix.
- Pour the mix into a brownie tin, and bake in the oven at 180C for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool on a rack before slicing into 12 portions.
Per banana bread bite
Calories: 91 Carbs: 9g Fat: 3.6g Protein: 5.6g