Mum Vicky’s Stunning 20kg Weight Loss Changed Her Life
by UP Fitness April 20, 2017
Our health and fitness is our most precious asset in life – but it's often the thing we neglect most.
This was the case with Vicky as she found herself faced with the serious threat of obesity and diabetes before she decided to do something about it to change her life.
From having a dangerously high body fat level and a diet which was damaging her health, mum Vicky has made an incredible transformation in just eight months at UP.
She lost 20kg, almost halved her body fat and has transformed her lifestyle to one where she enjoys exercise, can eat a healthy and balanced diet and keep up with her energetic toddler.
"I am healthy, away from all sorts of obese, diabetes-danger zones which I was in when I started, she says. "My body fat percentage has dropped from 42.5% to 23.9% I’ve lost 20 kg
"I’m not on a diet, I have simply changed my way of eating, and I absolutely love it. I look forward to exercising and feel happy and energised after workouts. I am less stressed and more productive at work."
It's an incredible effort from Vicky and her trainer to get such stunning results – and that's why she's our Client of the Month.
What was the obstacle that would have prevented you from starting the process?
UP gave me that extra bit of push and motivation to embark on the journey
“I found my biggest obstacle to be my state of mind. The wrong state of mind makes you focus on all the excuses about why you are failing in your diet, skipping exercise and are generally unhealthy.
Once I was in the right state of mind, I knew I was ready to take on the tough journey, stop finding excuses and start working on improving my health, body and mind.
UP gave me that extra bit of push and motivation to embark on the journey – the UP clients became my role models and helped me realise that I can achieve the same amazing transformation.”
What did you find as a result of training with UP?
“I’ve had personal trainers at other gyms before, I’ve had gym memberships before. I’ve always found gyms boring and PTs demotivating – we would spend the first 20 minutes of an hour’s training session “warming up” on a treadmill and chit-chatting, while the remaining 40 minutes would be extremely uninspired and not very helpful.”
“UP turned my pre-conceived ideas and previous experiences upside down. Now, the gym is never boring, and training with Raymond is inspiring and super motivating.
The community at UP is also amazing – it feels like a family and I look forward to every session, seeing the progress of other clients and getting high-fives from the other trainers.
Feeling stronger after each session, achieving personal bests, looking at your progress photos and having a strong coach, cheerleader, supporter and motivator in your PT – that’s something I don’t think any other gym can offer.
I remember when I went to UP for the first time to get a tour of the gym and its philosophy, Chris told me that he would pair me with someone that matches my personality and we would be on a journey together, as a team. I can’t even begin to express how true that statement was and how important it is for a successful transformation.”
What specific benefit did you like most about your journey with UP?
I am healthy, away from all sorts of obese, diabetes-danger zones which I was in when I started
- My body fat percentage has dropped from 42.5% to 23.9%
- I’ve lost 20 kg
- I’m not on a diet, I have simply changed my way of eating, and I absolutely love it
- I look forward to exercising and feel happy and energised after workouts
- I am less stressed and more productive at work
I have developed a very positive attitude towards my body – it’s not about being slim and what number the scales are on, it’s about being healthy, lean and strong, about sculpting your body the way you want it to be and enjoying every minute in doing so!
I believe weight training and all the information Raymond gives me about the implications of each exercise and using food as fuel are the keys to this amazing mindset transformation.
What three other benefits have you taken away from your journey with UP?
- I can run after my very energetic toddler without getting tired.
- I am developing a passion for food and exercise and I can’t wait to become leaner!
- I am not obsessive about what I eat or how much I exercise – it’s a balanced lifestyle that allows me to still have a busy career and quality time with my family, I think this is key to having sustainable results. Raymond gives me a lot of useful tips on how to achieve that.
Would you recommend UP? If so, why?
I don’t have the words to express how much I recommend UP
UP changed my life. I would not have been able to embark on a journey like this on my own and any other attempt was unsustainable.
I don’t have the words to express how much I recommend UP. I believe the three most important aspects that make UP different from other gyms are:
1. The community of clients and PTs – all amazing, all supportive and all highly inspiring. Always a positive vibe when you train which gives you that extra buzz you sometimes need.
2. Your own PT – trust Chris to choose the right person to motivate you and be part of your journey. Your PT is not there just for the 60 minutes at the gym, he/she supports you throughout the day with advice on diet, lifestyle and keeping up the momentum. Your results are your PT’s results, and they all take such pride in this.
3. It’s all tailored to your needs. In the last few weeks, my trainer has tweaked my diet four times just so we can achieve our next goal along our journey and push the body a bit further than it wants to go. It’s not a copy/paste exercise from client to client, it’s so personal!
If you're inspired to get body transformation results like Vicky, see what our Personal Training Plans can do for you…
- Be a Personal Trainer 25
- Bodybuilding 135
- Training 135
- Diet 78
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 58
- Losing Fat 58
- Food & Nutrition 151
- Health & Lifestyle 179
- News & Research 8
- News 8
- Real Results 184
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 63