Vegan Sweet Potato, Mango & Coconut Curry Recipe
by UP Fitness, January 1, 2017
This cosy curry is perfect for a winter’s evening.
While this meal is a higher carbohydrate choice, sweet potatoes are slower release carbs, having less of an impact on your blood sugar levels with their high fibre content. You can make this recipe to serve two by itself or to serve four with an additional side of wholegrain basmati rice or lentils.
Calories: 485 Carbs: 54.8g Protein: 20.2g Fat: 20.5g
- 250g peeled and diced sweet potato
- 150g red lentils
- 120g Diced Tofu
- 250ml of reduced fat coconut milk
- Quarter of a mango (diced)
- ½ small white onion
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 30g fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Pinch of garam masala
- 150ml almond milk
- Take your garlic and onion and saute with the tofu and half of the curry powder.
- Par boil your sweet potato dice for 5-10 minutes so that the pieces are still firm and then drain and add to the pan.
- Add the remaining curry powder, season and stir.
- Next, pour the coconut milk and reduce the heat to bring to a simmer.
- Add your red lentils, cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Next, add your diced mango, milk, spinach and garam masala.
- Stir and simmer for five more minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Garnish with coriander and season to taste!
If you are ready to transform your training, nutrition and physique, speak to us about our UP Online Personal Training plans.
- Bodybuilding 143
- Training 143
- Diet 91
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 62
- Losing Fat 62
- Food & Nutrition 154
- Health & Lifestyle 205
- News & Research 7
- News 7
- Personal Trainer 25
- Real Results 183
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 66