Tasty Low Carb Fish Tacos
by UP Fitness March 28, 2017
Tacos are such a simple and tasty dinner that can be dressed up with a variety of additional flavours.
Whether you're cooking for one in a hurry or you're entertaining and want to impress, these simple tacos are low-carb and diet friendly – as well as taking just 15 minutes to make.
You can use your favourite white fish for this recipe, including smoked varieties and then lay out all of your garnishes so that you can create your own tasty tacos in no time at all.
You can choose to include or omit any of the garnishes we've suggested below when building your own tacos. Always stick to your lettuce leaf tacos, as opposed to store-bought taco shells, to keep this dish low carb-friendly and gluten free too.
- 300g haddock fillet
- 2 baby gem lettuce heads/romaine hearts
- 100g Greek yoghurt, 0% fat
- Bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 and a half limes, one juiced and half sliced into wedges to serve
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp jalapenos
- 50g feta cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- In a mixing bowl, add the sliced cabbage and sliced red onions.
- Pour over the white wine vinegar and leave to soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Dice the haddock fillet and add to a mixing bowl. Pour over the lime juice and add the paprika, cumin and garlic.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat a non-stick pan and heat the diced haddock pieces until cooked through.
- In another bowl, combine the yoghurt with a tablespoon of fresh coriander, the juice of half a lime and fresh black pepper.
- Drain the cabbage and red onions and add a layer to the lettuce cups.
- Next, add the cooked haddock and top with the Greek yoghurt dressing.
- Sprinkle over the feta and top with fresh jalapenos and cherry tomatoes.
- Season with black pepper and garnish with a lime wedge.
Serves 2, per serving
Calories: 291 Carbs: 6g Protein: 50g Fat: 7.4g
Other possible toppings or additions that would work well with this recipe include:
- Sliced avocado
- Charred peppers
- Black beans
- Chilli sauce
If you loved this recipe and you want to find out how to eat better and transform your physique, contact us below to find out about our Online Personal Training Plans – with full nutritional support.
- Be a Personal Trainer 25
- Bodybuilding 135
- Training 135
- Diet 76
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 58
- Losing Fat 58
- Food & Nutrition 150
- Health & Lifestyle 180
- News & Research 8
- News 8
- Real Results 185
- Working Out 63