Tasty 15-Minute Chicken & Prawn Paella Recipe
by UP Fitness, September 27, 2017
Chicken and rice never looked so good!
This high protein recipe is set to impress; with Spanish flavours and minimal effort, you can throw together this paella in just 15 minutes.
You can cheat the clock by using a packet of cooked rice to reduce your cooking times and serve up this delicious dish for the whole family.
- ½ onion
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp grass-fed butter
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp saffron
- 250ml chicken stock
- 400g free-range chicken breast, diced
- 250g king prawns
- 15g fresh parsley
- 250g cooked basmati rice (a microwavable pouch is fine)
- 1 lemon
- 100g frozen peas
- Heat the onions, garlic, chopped parsley stalks and smoked paprika and butter in a pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast and cook through.
- Pour over the chicken stock and add the saffron strands and the prawns.
- Allow to simmer for a further 2-3 minutes and then add the cooked rice to the pan.
- Season well and cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir well.
- Add the frozen peas and the juice of 1 lemon. Season well and cover again.
- Simmer for 2 more minutes and then serve with a garnish of chopped parsley leaves and a wedge of lemon.
Calories: 316.6 Carbs: 22.2g Fat: 6.2g Protein: 43g
- Bodybuilding 143
- Training 143
- Diet 91
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 62
- Losing Fat 62
- Food & Nutrition 154
- Health & Lifestyle 205
- News & Research 7
- News 7
- Personal Trainer 25
- Real Results 183
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 66