Post-workout Banana Peanut Butter Bites
by UP Fitness December 16, 2016
These banana bites take five minutes to prepare and will satisfy your sweet tooth.
This is such an easy treat to satisfy those mid-afternoon cravings. Bananas are a good food to consume post-workout when you need to replenish your glycogen stores and rehydrate. You get potassium from the banana which is a key mineral when it comes to regulating fluids in your body.
Makes 10 bites, per bite:
Calories: 57 Carbs: 3.8g Fat: 4.1g Protein: 1.3g
- 1 Medium Banana
- 50g Dark Chocolate
- 25g Natural Peanut Butter (no added sugar)
- Slice up your banana, aim for 20 slices.
- Sandwich two pieces of banana with a little peanut butter.
- Melt your chocolate until runny.
- Using a kebab/cocktail stick, skewer each banana bite and dip in the melted chocolate mix. (I find using cocktail sticks and leaving them in the bites until frozen works best!)
- Freeze for at least 1 hour to set properly. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
You can store these treats in the freezer to keep them fresh – and will help you to avoid eating the whole lot in one go!
If you want help creating a nutrition plan that will get you incredible results, speak to us about one of our Personal Training programmes
- Be a Personal Trainer 25
- Bodybuilding 135
- Training 135
- Diet 76
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 58
- Losing Fat 58
- Food & Nutrition 150
- Health & Lifestyle 180
- News & Research 8
- News 8
- Real Results 185
- Working Out 63