Peri-Peri Chicken With Tangy 75-Calorie Marinade Recipe
by UP Fitness, October 11, 2017
It’s hot, spicy and downright delicious – peri-peri sauce is a favourite when it comes to taking your regular chicken breast to the next level!
With this recipe, you can have peri-peri sauce on hand whenever you need your fiery fix – and you can know exactly what’s in the recipe too!
You can use this recipe to marinate chicken breasts before cooking, or simply to pour over the top of your chicken to serve.
You could coat chicken wings for a tasty, high protein starter dish or even serve over steak.
There’s endless opportunity to get some peri-peri in your life, so give this recipe a try.
- 2 large red peppers (approx 300g)
- 1 medium red onion (approx 150g)
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 4 red chillies (deseeded if you prefer a milder taste, seeded will be very punchy!)
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- Roughly chop the peppers and onions, and then roast at 220C for 15-20 minutes, until they are charred on the outside.
- Allow to cool and then add to a food processor with the garlic, lemon and lime juice, lemon zest, vinegar, chillies and herbs. Pulse well until the sauce is smooth but thick. (Tip: if you’re not sure how hot you’d like your sauce, add the chillies one at a time and taste.)
- Pour the sauce into a pan and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour into the food processor.
- Pour the olive oil in very slowly, whilst the processor is on, to gradually create your saucy consistency.
- Allow to cool and store in a container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
(makes 20 servings)
Calories: 73.7 Carbs: 2.5g Fat: 6.9g Protein: 0.4g
- Bodybuilding 143
- Training 143
- Diet 91
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 62
- Losing Fat 62
- Food & Nutrition 154
- Health & Lifestyle 205
- News & Research 7
- News 7
- Personal Trainer 25
- Real Results 183
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 66