You Need to Try This Protein-Packed Pizza Omelette
by UP Fitness March 13, 2017
Whether you're on a low-carb diet or just cutting back on 'junk' foods, sometimes the call of the pizza can be hard to resist.
Whether your pizza preference comes with a thin and crispy base, a stuffed crust or piled with meat or even (dare I say it) pineapple – many of us have a soft spot for that delicious Italian classic. This egg-based pizza recipe replaces high-carb pizza dough for a light and fluffy omelette base, ready for whatever healthy toppings you like.
This recipe is seriously easy to make, taking 5-10 minutes to rustle up and with ingredients, you're likely to have lying around the kitchen – so put down that take away menu and make yourself a delicious pizza omelette in no time at all.
If you want more amazing diet-friendly recipes every week, sign up for our EatUP newsletter right here.
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 15g sliced red onion
- 20g feta cheese/reduced fat mozzarella cheese
Suggestions for toppings:
- 5% minced beef
- Cajun spiced chicken breast
- Sliced chestnut mushrooms
- Lean deli ham
- Pitted black olives
- Sliced Peppers
- Sliced Chicken Sausage
- Spinach or Rocket leaves
- Whisk together the eggs and egg whites and season with oregano, basil, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- In a pan, heat the balsamic vinegar and pan fry the sliced onions and garlic.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and any other 'toppings'.
- Once all of the ingredients are almost cooked, pour over the egg mix and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and finish under the grill for 2-3 minutes, so that the omelette is golden brown and bubbling.
(For the basic recipe using feta cheese, without toppings)
Calories: 263 Carbs: 8g Fat: 15g Protein: 24g
(For the basic recipe using reduced fat mozzarella cheese, without toppings)
Calories: 244 Carbs: 9g Fat: 12g Protein: 25g
Carbohydrate source from tomatoes and onion.
If you want help creating a nutrition plan that will get you incredible results, speak to us about our UP Personal Training plans. If you don’t live near an Ultimate Performance gym you can still get in the best shape of your life with one of our UP Online Personal Training plans from anywhere in the world.
- Be a Personal Trainer 25
- Bodybuilding 135
- Training 135
- Diet 78
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 58
- Losing Fat 58
- Food & Nutrition 151
- Health & Lifestyle 179
- News & Research 8
- News 8
- Real Results 184
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 63