Low-Carb Lean Beef Lasagne Recipe
by UP Fitness, February 14, 2017
Lasagne is a comfort food classic with layers of pasta and delicious beef ragu topped off with a cheesy Béchamel sauce.
Often very high in calories, carbohydrates and fat, lasagne isn’t a great choice when you’re on a fat-loss diet. This health lasagne recipe substitutes high-calorie pasta sheets for sliced courgette, reducing both the calorie and carbohydrate count with one simple swap.
The Béchamel-style sauce in this recipe has been created using high-protein quark and Greek yoghurt, with a punch of cheese from the parmesan shavings.
For the lasagne:
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 500g tomato passata
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 5 button mushrooms
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 courgette, finely sliced
For the sauce:
- 100g quark
- 50g Greek yoghurt
- 25g parmesan shavings
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
Side salad to serve.
- Sautee the onions, garlic and mushrooms in a non-stick pan with the herbs and spices.
- Add the beef mince and the halved tomatoes. Season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- Brown the beef mince and pour over the tomato passata.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a baking dish, spray the sides with a cooking spray and pour in a third of the beef mix.
- Top with three or four slices of courgette.
- Repeat this process until you have layered up all of the beef and courgette slices.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yoghurt with the quark and oregano and season well.
- Spread across the final layer or courgette and then sprinkle over the parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Portion and serve with a side salad.
Serves 4, per serve:
Calories: 265 Carbs: 12.5g Fat: 8.2g Protein: 35.4g
If you want to take your nutrition, health and fitness to the next level with Ultimate Performance’s world-class trainers, simply tell us your goals on the form below.
You can also find dozens more diet-friendly, high-protein recipe ideas right here, including these delicious, easy-to-make three-ingredient meals.
- Bodybuilding 143
- Training 143
- Diet 90
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 61
- Losing Fat 61
- Food & Nutrition 154
- Health & Lifestyle 204
- News & Research 7
- News 7
- Personal Trainer 25
- Real Results 183
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 66