Healthy Low-Carb Quinoa Crumb Chicken Dippers Recipe
by UP Fitness, December 16, 2016
This is a recipe for anyone that loves breaded chicken.
There is something about the crunchy texture of breadcrumbs that brings a whole new level of eating pleasure to the humble chicken breast. This recipe uses cooked quinoa as opposed to traditional breadcrumbs, which reduces the calories and carbohydrates of this recipe without losing that crunchy texture. Quinoa is also naturally free from gluten, unlike breadcrumbs
It’s so simple to throw together and you can add flavours to your quinoa to keep things interesting each time. Cajun spices and chilli powder, fresh herbs, lemon and lime zest, coconut, chia seeds – whatever you fancy.
Calories: 390 Carbs: 24.8g Protein: 47.4g Fat: 11.2g
To create the basic recipe, you will need the following ingredients.
- 1 chicken breast (free range corn fed)
- 75g cooked quinoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- 15g grated parmesan
- 10g parsley
- ½ lemon zest
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- A pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Take your cooked quinoa and mix with the ground almonds, parmesan, parsley, thyme and lemon zest. Season well.
- Slice up your raw chicken breast into strips.
- Dip the strips into the beaten egg mix and then coat in the quinoa mix.
- Lay on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Season and serve with homemade healthy ketchup.
If you want help creating a nutrition plan that will get you incredible results, speak to us about one of our Personal Training programmes.
- Bodybuilding 143
- Training 143
- Diet 90
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 62
- Losing Fat 62
- Food & Nutrition 154
- Health & Lifestyle 204
- News & Research 7
- News 7
- Personal Trainer 25
- Real Results 183
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 66