Healthy and Lean Beef Chocolate Chilli
by UP Fitness December 14, 2016
This lean chilli is rich and warming and makes a perfect addition to your weekly meal prep.
It is so simple to make in one pot and can be stored in the fridge for up to three days, or frozen for up to one month. I love to serve mine with quinoa and kale and to top with my guacamole and fresh jalapenos. The addition of cacao adds a rich depth of flavour to this chilli – as well as a little antioxidant power.
Calories: 1320 Carbs: 63.5g Fats: 40.4g Protein: 176.9g
It is so easy to batch cook this recipe so you can vary the amounts to suit your diet. A batch this size could divide into three, four or five portions depending on which macros best suit you per meal. For example, I would divide this batch into four portions and the macros per serve would be as follows.
Calories: 330 Carbs: 15.9g Fats: 10.1g Protein: 44.2g
Here are the ingredients you will need to create this chilli.
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat – organic preferably)
- 300g tomato passata
- 240g kidney beans (drained weight)
- ½ white onion
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp light olive oil
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli flakes
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- Sauté the onions, garlic powder, smoked paprika, tomato puree and chipotle flakes.
- Add your beef mince and brown.
- Once browned, add your kidney beans.
- Add the passata and stir well.
- Season and add your cacao powder.
- Simmer and reduce down for 5-10 minutes so that the sauce looks rich and thick.
- Season and garnish with fresh coriander.
You could easily multiply this recipe by two and cook a whole week's worth of meals – it’s really flexible and very easy to prepare and store.
- Be a Personal Trainer 25
- Bodybuilding 135
- Training 135
- Diet 78
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 58
- Losing Fat 58
- Food & Nutrition 151
- Health & Lifestyle 179
- News & Research 8
- News 8
- Real Results 184
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 63