Double Chocolate Protein ‘Ice Cream’
by UP Fitness July 16, 2017
The words 'ice cream' and 'diet' aren't often found together in the same sentence, but this recipe means that you can have a treat without falling off the wagon.
Our 'ice cream' recipe has a base of banana and Greek yoghurt, with the addition of chocolate whey protein for that rich, creamy taste and an extra portion of protein.
Perfect to enjoy as an occasional treat, this recipe is seriously simple to prepare and will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Servings per batch: 4
- 200g Greek yoghurt (0% fat)
- 75ml full-fat milk
- 100g frozen banana slices
- 25g chocolate whey
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10g of 100% dark chocolate
- In a blender, combine the frozen banana, Greek yoghurt, whey protein, cocoa powder and milk.
- Pulse until well combined and then pour into a suitable container.
- Grate over the dark chocolate and stir well.
- Freeze for 2 hours. Remove from the freezer and stir with a spoon – this incorporates extra air into the mixture to provide a lighter, creamy texture.
- Return to the freezer and store for up to one month.
- When you want to serve your ice cream, remove from the freezer for 10 minutes for an easy scoop.
Calories: 115 Carbs: 9.9g Fat: 2.4g Protein: 13.4g
- Be a Personal Trainer 25
- Bodybuilding 135
- Training 135
- Diet 78
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 58
- Losing Fat 58
- Food & Nutrition 151
- Health & Lifestyle 179
- News & Research 8
- News 8
- Real Results 184
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 63