Delicious Chinese-Style Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
by UP Fitness December 16, 2016
This recipe is the perfect alternative to a cheat meal from your Chinese takeaway over the weekend.
It is very simple to make from scratch and you could even use up any left-over cooked chicken and rice you may have from the week. I have added it to my meal-prep repertoire as a strong favourite compared to other less exciting variations of chicken and rice. This chicken fried rice recipe is full of protein with a good balance of slow release carbs.
This recipe uses my sesame marinade for the chicken which can be found here.
Calories: 418 Carbs: 29.8g Protein: 42.5g Fats: 14.3g
Here’s the recipe for this healthy one pan wonder.
- 2 x corn-fed chicken breast (in sesame marinade*)
- 2 x eggs
- 150g cooked brown rice (uncooked weight 75g)
- 2 spring onions
- ½ tsp garlic powder/ 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 10ml of sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 100g of petit pois/garden peas
- 1 x red pepper
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Green vegetables to serve
*It isn’t essential to marinade the chicken but it will add a real extra depth of flavour that you don’t want to miss out on.
- Cook your brown rice and drain.
- At the same time, roast your marinaded chicken in the oven at 170 degrees celsius for 25 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the spring onions, diced pepper and garlic and gently sauté.
- Pull apart your chicken and add to the pan.
- Add the cooked, drained rice and stir – keeping the heat low. Season.
- Push the mixed rice to one side of the wok and crack your eggs into the remaining space.
- Allow the whites to cook as though making an omelette, then stir into the mixture to separate like scrambled eggs.
- Season again and add the peas.
- Once the peas are cooked you can serve and enjoy!
I like to serve mine with stir-fried green vegetables such as tender stem broccoli and sugar snap peas, but you can choose whatever you prefer.
If you want help creating a nutrition plan that will get you incredible results, speak to us about our UP Personal Training plans.
If you don’t live near a UP gym you can still get in the best shape of your life with one of our UP Online Personal Training plans from anywhere in the world.
- Be a Personal Trainer 25
- Bodybuilding 136
- Training 136
- Diet 84
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 58
- Losing Fat 58
- Food & Nutrition 151
- Health & Lifestyle 189
- News & Research 8
- News 8
- Real Results 184
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 65