Chocolate and Coconut Protein Bounty Bites
by UP Fitness April 24, 2017
When you are craving something sweet, it can be easy to reach for the first treat you can find.
Making a batch of these delicious bites will take just five minutes to prepare and then they can be kept in the freezer, so you can have something better to hit the spot when those cravings call. They are low in carbs and high in fats from coconut. (If you're not sure about fats, then see what Nick Mitchell has to say about including fats in your diet.)
These dark chocolate treats are made with just four ingredients, and all you will need is a food processor, some cocktail sticks, and a little greaseproof paper.
Make sure you choose dark chocolate with a minimum of 85% cocoa solids (we love 90%) and remember that these little bites should still be considered an occasional treat, so it's a great idea to keep them in the freezer once you've made a batch.
We've used vanilla whey protein powder in this recipe, to add some extra protein per serve, but you can choose any flavour you like. Chocolate, coconut and even strawberry would make delicious variations for these little bites.
- 50g dark chocolate, 90% cocoa solids
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 25g whey protein powder, vanilla flavour
- 50g coconut cream
- In a bowl, combine the coconut with the whey protein powder.
- Pulse together in a food processor and add the coconut cream.
- Once the mixture comes together, leave to one side and begin melting your dark chocolate in a bowl, over a pan of boiling water.
- Lay out your greaseproof paper on a plate.
- Roll your coconut mixture into 10 balls and poke with a cocktail stick.
- Dip the coconut balls into the melted chocolate, covering evenly, and then place on the greaseproof paper.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes, then remove the sticks and either serve or place in the freezer.
Calories: 111 Carbs: 1.6g Fat: 10.2g Protein: 3.2g
Are you already making positive changes to your diet and lifestyle? If you'd like help to make faster progress and achieve incredible results of your own, get in touch below and find out how we can help.
- Be a Personal Trainer 25
- Bodybuilding 135
- Training 135
- Diet 78
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 58
- Losing Fat 58
- Food & Nutrition 151
- Health & Lifestyle 179
- News & Research 8
- News 8
- Real Results 184
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 63