Beef & Nut Butter Breakfast Skewers Recipe
by UP Fitness, May 31, 2017
At UP, we recommend a high protein breakfast for many of our clients – because it gets results.
It can help improve mood and focus, balance blood sugar levels and help you to make better food choices throughout the day.
Founder of Ultimate Performance, Nick Mitchell, will often recommend a ‘meat and nuts’ breakfast – although for many people this might seem like a difficult concept to try.
We’ve created these delicious beef and nut butter skewers, to make the ‘meat and nut’ breakfast much more palatable and easy to prepare in advance. You can multiply this recipe and make a few days’ worth of skewers, either pre-cooked or at least ready-skewered.
This recipe will save you time if you are weighing out your food to count macros, as you can weigh and skewer in advance. These skewers are just as tasty cold as they are fresh from the oven, which makes them ideal if you need something to grab and go.
- 150g rump steak, diced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 20g natural peanut butter
- 15g sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- 100g spinach
- 50g green beans (optional, to serve)
- Melt the peanut butter and combine in a mixing bowl with the soy sauce, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
- Stir well and add the diced steak.
- Coat with the marinade and cover with cling film. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but the longer the better.
- Remove from the fridge and skewer onto kebab sticks. (TIP: soak the kebab sticks in water first to avoid them burning.)
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes at 180C until cooked through, but not overcooked and tough. You could also grill on a high heat or even barbecue.
- Serve on a bed of spinach with any extra green vegetables you like.
Calories: 484 Carbs: 4g Fat: 33g Protein: 42.6g
Looking for a nutrition and training programme that delivers you maximum results in minimum time? Speak to us about our world-class UP Personal Training Plans.
- Bodybuilding 143
- Training 143
- Diet 90
- Education 18
- Fat Loss 61
- Losing Fat 61
- Food & Nutrition 154
- Health & Lifestyle 204
- News & Research 7
- News 7
- Personal Trainer 25
- Real Results 183
- Seasonal 23
- Working Out 66