Try this High Protein and Healthy Coronation Chicken
Coronation chicken has made lunchtimes delicious for years, but with a high fat content and often heavy on mayonnaise, it isn’t exactly a healthy choice.
This recipe replaces mayonnaise with Greek yoghurt to reduce the fat content. It is great for meal prep in particular, as you can make a large batch and keep it in the fridge for three days. Use it to stuff sweet jacket potatoes, toss through a salad or even serve with rice or cauliflower ‘rice’. There are lots of tasty, clean eating options to pair with this recipe, to make the coronation chicken you will need the following ingredients.
Calories: 411 Carbs: 21.3g Fat: 11.8g Protein: 55g
- 1 chicken breast
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 1tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tbsp raisins
- 1tbsp fresh coriander
- 2tbsp Indian marinade - find our recipe for this here, or use a shop bought paste.
- 100g cauliflower florets
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Marinade one chicken breast with the curry marinade and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.
- Roast in the oven at 160 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Pull apart the cooked chicken with forks and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the yoghurt and spices and mix well.
- Season to taste and add raisins and chopped coriander.
- Blitz the cauliflower in a blender and stir fry for 3-5 minutes with a little black pepper and salt and serve.