Takeaway Favourite Saucy Satay Chicken Recipe
This delicious low carb, high protein recipe makes a brilliant takeaway-style meal that can keep your diet on track.
This satay chicken recipe is packed full of healthy fats, flavours and provides a good source of protein from the chicken breast, Greek yoghurt and peanut butter. The courgette noodles lower the carb content, but help you to fill you up, in place of regular egg- or rice noodles, and contain lots of fibre, vitamins A and C.
This seriously quick and simple recipe will soon become a staple and makes a great alternative to a Friday night takeaway. The recipe below feeds one person, but you can multiply the recipe by two or four to suit. It will keep in the fridge for three days or in the freezer for up to one month, so if it proves popular why not cook up a big batch and stock up for convenient meal prep?
Calories: 559 Fat: 29.3g Carbs: 25g Protein: 48.9g
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 garlic clove (grated)
- ¼ white onion (diced)
- 1 free range chicken breast
- 1tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1tsp curry powder
- 200ml Greek yoghurt
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- 100g mangetout (sliced in half)
- 100g baby corn (sliced in half)
- 1 courgette (approx 100g) - to be spiralized*
- Optional 10g fresh coriander
- Season your chicken breast and roast in the oven until cooked.
- While the chicken cooks, take your diced onion and garlic and saute in a hot pan with rapeseed oil.
- Add your peanut butter and curry powder and allow to melt together in the pan.
- Pull your cooked chicken breast with two forks (or your fingers) so that it is shredded, and add to the pan.
- Add your vegetables, except for the spiralized courgette.
- Reduce the heat and add the Greek yoghurt and soy sauce. Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Finish with the courgette noodles and fresh coriander and season to taste.
*If you don’t have a spiralizer you can simply dice up the courgette and add at the same time as the other vegetables.