Protein Pancakes with Blueberry Compote
A good pancake should be light, fluffy and golden brown with a subtle sweetness.
These protein pancakes make a brilliant choice for a healthy, balanced breakfast.
This recipe uses only natural ingredients and no refined flours. It can be whipped up in less than a minute and you can make them as large, flat ‘crepe’ style pancakes or small fluffy ‘American’ style.
For American style pancakes, the baking powder is essential to get that height but for ‘Crepes’ it is important to really whisk your mix so that there are no lumps, allowing the mixture to spread to the edges of the pan.
You will only need a few ingredients to make this recipe, and once made you can always freeze any leftover pancakes.
Top Tip: Toast frozen pancakes to gently warm them back up
Calories: 365 Carbs: 35.4g Fat: 13.1g Protein: 26.3g
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 medium eggs
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ scoop of protein powder (vanilla/chocolate/banana)
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Whisk in the two eggs. The mixture should be as smooth as possible.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix together well.
- Heat the coconut oil over a medium heat.
- Drop 1-2 tbsp of pancake batter into the pan (depending on whether you want flat or tall pancakes).
- Once the outside begins to create little air bubbles, flip and cook for 30 seconds on the other side.
- Serve and top with whatever you wish: fresh berries, greek yoghurt, raw honey, peanut butter, lemon juice + stevia.