Post-workout Banana Peanut Butter Bites
These banana bites take five minutes to prepare and will satisfy your sweet tooth.
This is such an easy treat to satisfy those mid-afternoon cravings. Bananas are a good food to consume post-workout when you need to replenish your glycogen stores and rehydrate. You get potassium from the banana which is a key mineral when it comes to regulating fluids in your body.
Makes 10 bites, per bite:
Calories: 57 Carbs: 3.8g Fat: 4.1g Protein: 1.3g
- 1 Medium Banana
- 50g Dark Chocolate
- 25g Natural Peanut Butter (no added sugar)
- Slice up your banana, aim for 20 slices.
- Sandwich two pieces of banana with a little peanut butter.
- Melt your chocolate until runny.
- Using a kebab/cocktail stick, skewer each banana bite and dip in the melted chocolate mix. (I find using cocktail sticks and leaving them in the bites until frozen works best!)
- Freeze for at least 1 hour to set properly. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
You can store these treats in the freezer to keep them fresh - and will help you to avoid eating the whole lot in one go!