Low Carb Parma Ham and Asparagus Breakfast Dippers
This recipe is seriously easy to make and is a tasty alternative to eating just plain eggs in the morning.
Soft boiled eggs with soldiers is a classic breakfast, but here we've used a combination of meat and vegetables instead of toast for a great low-carb, high-protein start to the day. You could use a variety of meats and vegetables, but our favourite flavour combination is Parma ham and asparagus. You could even make little parcels using your favourite vegetables like green beans and tenderstem broccoli.
- 75g Parma ham
- 2 eggs, soft boiled
- 150g asparagus
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Take 2-3 stems of asparagus and wrap with 1 slice of Parma ham
- Do this until you have used up all of the ingredients, and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, at 180C.
- While the vegetables cook, boil your eggs for 6 minutes so that they remain soft in the centre.
- Serve together, with a side of spinach.
Calories: 386 Carbs: 2g Fat: 26g Protein: 36g