Italian Sweet Potato Savoury Pancakes Recipe
Who knew savoury pancakes could be so tasty?
These pancakes use sweet potato as a base and a blend of Italian flavours from fresh basil and oregano. We've also added melting mozzarella centres and pea protein to boost that protein content.
Top Tip: They also make amazing substitutions for burger buns! Simply sandwich a delicious turkey- or low-fat beef burger between two sweet potato pancakes, with a salad garnish when you're looking for a bread replacement that is gluten-free and has a better glycemic load.
- 150g cooked sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 50g mozzarella balls
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp fresh basil
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 scoop of pea protein (30g) - if you don't have pea protein, you can use rice flour as another gluten-free option, however, the macros will differ.
- Pinch of baking powder
- Mash the cooked potato in a bowl and add all of the ingredients. Mix well to combine together.
- Season well with black pepper and sea salt.
- Heat a non-stick pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Using a tablespoon, add two heaped spoonfuls to the pan per pancake.
- Allow to cook for two minutes and then flip and cook on the other side.
- Flip several times until the pancakes are golden brown.
- Serve with a side salad.
Top Tip: Try topped with two rashers of turkey bacon to add an extra 12g of protein per serve!
Serves 2, per serving:
Calories: 271 Carbs: 18g Fat: 11g Protein: 25g
With two rashers of turkey bacon:
Calories: 323 Carbs: 19g Fat: 11g Protein: 37g