Indulgent Protein Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Looking for a rich chocolate mousse recipe that won't damage your diet?
Look no further! This recipe is made with avocado as a base - a great source of fibre and monounsaturated fats. This recipe is, in fact, high in healthy fat, which has gotten a bad reputation in the past, but is actually essential for a healthy body.
Despite the unusual green addition to this recipe, the avocado actually gives this mousse its creamy texture. There's just 1 tsp of honey in this recipe, which makes 2 servings, and the addition of whey protein means that hitting your macro goals for protein will be easy.
This recipe would be ideally consumed as an occasional treat since it is relatively high in calories per serve, so try quickly whipping up this delicious chocolate mousse the next time you're craving something sweet.
- 1/2 avocado, diced (roughly 75g)
- 30g chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp honey (or use agave/maple syrup if vegan)
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt (use 2 tbsp of almond milk if vegan)
- 30g raspberries, to serve
- 10g 100% dark chocolate, finely grated, to serve
- In a blender, combine the avocado, whey protein, cacao powder, melted coconut oil, Greek yoghurt and honey.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and a creamy consistency.
- Pour into a serving bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes, so that the coconut oil sets in the mix creating a thicker texture.
- Grate over the dark chocolate and top with fresh raspberries, to serve.
Calories: 259 Carbs: 11.5g Fats: 16.6g Protein: 16g
If you want a training and nutrition plan that will get you in incredible shape, just send us an enquiry below to find out how...