Guilt-Free Eggs Benedict Breakfast Recipe
Eggs Benedict is a decadent and delicious breakfast choice.
A tower of flavours, this breakfast option is beloved for its fluffy muffin base, soft poached eggs, ham or crisp bacon and rich hollandaise sauce. We've used thyme-roasted beef tomato slices, layered with spinach, rindless bacon medallions and created a light and simple 'hollandaise' using fromage frais.
- 2 eggs
- 120g fromage frais
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 100g spinach
- 2 rindless bacon medallions
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 large beef tomato, sliced
- 1 tsp thyme
- Poach your eggs in boiling water, with a little white wine vinegar, until cooked to your liking.
- Season your flat mushrooms with black pepper and thyme, and grill them for 5-10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, mix together the fromage frais, lemon juice and Dijon mustard and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Stir together and gently warm through on the hob – don’t heat too quickly!
- Wilt the spinach in a separate pan with the chopped garlic clove and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve the flat mushrooms on the plate, topped with the wilted spinach and the poached eggs.
- Pour over the mock hollandaise sauce and garnish with fresh parsley or chives.
Calories: 341 Carbs: 19g Fat: 13.7g Protein: 35.4g