Cool Coconut Protein Ice Cream Recipe
This 'ice-cream' recipe uses just five ingredients to satisfy your sweet tooth without derailing your diet.
Both the Greek yoghurt and whey protein powder increase the protein content of this tasty dessert and the frozen banana adds a natural sweetness without relying on sugar like most traditional ice creams.
We've opted for a mild and creamy coconut flavour, but you could try any flavours you like including our popular banana and peanut butter 'ice cream' sundae recipe.
Servings per batch: 4
- 170g Greek yoghurt (0% fat)
- 100g reduced fat coconut milk
- 100g frozen banana slices
- 25g vanilla whey
- 25g desiccated coconut
- In a blender, combine the frozen banana, Greek yoghurt, whey protein and coconut milk.
- Pulse until well combined and then pour into a suitable container.
- Sprinkle over the desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Freeze for 2 hours. Remove from the freezer and stir with a spoon - this incorporates extra air into the mixture to provide a lighter, creamy texture.
- Return to the freezer and store for up to one month.
- When you want to serve your ice cream, remove from the freezer for 10 minutes for an easy scoop.
Calories: 188 Carbs: 11.6g Fat: 9g Protein: 15.2g
If you want to take your health, fitness, and nutrition to the next level, simply enquire about our Ultimate Performance Personal Training Plans below...