Chicken, Ham and Mushroom Stuffed Sweet Potato Skins
Jacket potatoes are a classic comfort food for many of us, and these sweet potato versions are just as tasty.
You could stuff a sweet potato skin with a variety of high-protein fillings, such as cottage cheese, turkey chilli or coronation chicken.
This recipe uses a 'creamy' chicken, mushroom and ham filling that is high in protein and full of flavour. Using Greek yoghurt keeps the fat content lower than using regular cream, but do keep the heat low when adding it into the sauce, as it can easily split.
- 1 large sweet potato, halved (120g used for macros below)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and pulled (100g used for macros below)
- 50g ham, sliced into strips
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 30g feta cheese
- 100g low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 10g chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Bake the sweet potato in the oven as a whole jacket, for 20-25 minutes at 180C.
- Slice in half and mash up the sweet potato flesh. Season. (If you are looking for very accurate macros, you can always scoop out the flesh to weigh it and then replace with the amount you require.)
- In a pan, gently fry off the garlic and sliced mushrooms with the wholegrain mustard.
- Add the sliced ham, feta and cooked chicken breast.
- Add the Greek yoghurt and gently simmer.
- Season well and add the paprika and fresh parsley.
- Top the sweet potato with the creamy filling and serve with spinach.
Calories: 512 Carbs: 33g Fats: 16g Protein: 59g